By Barb Belanski, LWML NID President
As the NID LWML ebbs out of its 2017 theme, “Reflecting Mercy”, it is natural for us to be joyful – joyful and thankful for the mercy we have received from our loving and merciful God.
Over the last several months, I have seen the transformation of this joy among my LWML sisters:
- At our Fall Gathering, nearly 200 women were in attendance to enjoy fellowship, sharing His Word and serving others with their Gifts From The Heart – such a joyful day!
- At our zone Fall workshops, women bringing gifts for the Lutheran Church Charities Comfort Dogs, making baby blankets, decorating cookies for First Responders and filling over 180 shoe boxes with items for Operation Christmas Shoebox – serving with joy!
- Presenting a skit ‘Mighty Mites’ to share the joy in collecting mite offerings to fund mission projects all around the world – two of the skit participants were a mom and her eight year old daughter – brought a big smile to my face!!
- Women from ‘old’ zones attending their ‘new’ zone events – joy in new fellowships!
- Celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation – joy in our Lutheran heritage!
At our LWML NID 2018 events, “Transforming Joy” will be the theme we will share with each other. Jan Mauer, our Planner, and Executive Committee have proposed this theme to be shared at our Lenten Inspiration, your Spring Rallies as well as at our BOD and Executive meetings. Because of God’s mercy, we want to proclaim our joy and tell of His love to our family, friends and even strangers!! May this be your goal for 2018!!
Blessings and joy to all of you as you give thanks for the bounties of His goodness and celebrate the birth of our Savior, the Babe of Bethlehem – Joy, Joy, Joy!!
Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation (Psalm 95:1)