The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League NID invites you to save postage stamps – especially during the holiday season and donate them for our mission goal.
Since 1997 Lutheran Women in Mission across the Northern Illinois District have been clipping, sorting and sending in cancelled postage stamps.
You can, too. Just send your trimmed cancelled postage stamps to us or bring them to any LWML NID event. Then, we sort and sell them in batches to collectors and dealers at stamp shows and club auctions.
If you want to contribute to this ministry here is what we look for:
1. All intact picture postcards. Do not cut off the stamps, send the entire postcard.
2. All old (pre-1930) envelopes intact. Do not cut off the stamps.
3. All foreign stamps, large and small.
4. Large commemorative U.S. stamps.
5. Small definitive (common) U.S. stamps (including USA nonprofit bulk stamps), except DO NOT
save Love, Flag, Bell OR Christmas stamps. Save unused charity return mail stamps.
6. Any collections of stamps, save on sheets if possible and do not remove stamps from pages or albums.
If at all possible, stamps should be trimmed leaving about 1/4″ margin around the stamp. Do not trim stamps to touch perforations or the stamps will be discarded.
If you are not a member of an LCMS Church where you can drop them at your local LWML meeting, send stamps to the address below. If you have other questions, you may also contact the Vice President of Communications at [email protected]
Non-LWML’ers and/or “savers” outside Northern Illinois, please send stamps to:
c/o Trinity Lutheran Church
1101 Kimberly Way
Lisle, IL 60532
Thank you for helping!
Last updated: 2/25/2022