Who We Are
The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. For over 77 years, the LWML has focused on affirming each woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to support global missions.
LWML Mission Statement
As Lutheran Women in Mission, we joyfully proclaim Christ, support missions, and equip women to honor God by serving others.
Assisting the women of the LWML to put the new Mission Statement into practice, the committee also provided five LWML Core Values:
• Christian Women — We live as redeemed children of the Triune God.
• In God’s Word — We live in joyful response to the Holy Scriptures.
• Mission-Focused — We answer God’s call to share His Gospel at home and abroad.
• Embrace Diversity — We are sisters in Christ who value and benefit from each other.
• Servant Leaders — We are called and equipped by God to serve others.
The LWML is the leading group for LCMS women where each woman is welcomed and encouraged to use her unique God-given gifts as she supports global missions and serves the Lord with gladness.
2019-2021 Primary Focus
- Nurturing Faith in Christ. By God’s grace we offer each woman opportunities to be in the Word and to use her unique gifts in God’s service.
- Making Our Faith Meaningful. We equip each woman to make a significant difference in the lives of all people.
- Sharing Encouragement. We value each other in Christ and we accept and encourage each woman to grow in her relationship with others.
Download the bylaws (PDF)
The comments and opinions expressed herein on this web site do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and point of view of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League or The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. Statements are made exclusively by the author(s) and appear as written and have not been subjected to the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League or The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod doctrinal review process.
Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.